The award-winning team at GGLO seeks a dynamic Business Development Manager in Los Angeles.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Los Angeles, Boise, Seattle, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager will focus on fostering and maintaining strategic partnerships that align with GGLO’s mission and values, leading to the acquisition of projects that support our growth in the Southern California region and continue to elevate our design reputation. Through an understanding of our business, processes, design capabilities, and design aspirations, the Business Development Manager will embody our design ethos as an embedded part of the Los Angeles community; therefore, extensive knowledge of current market conditions and opportunities in the Los Angeles and Southern California regions is required to be successful in this role. The Business Development Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Business Development in direct collaboration with GGLO Principals, senior leaders, marketing staff, and others.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
New Business Development
· Actively collaborate with GGLO leaders to develop market sector Business Development strategies to meet the firm’s goals.
· Plan and execute approaches to winning new work.
· Identify and network with prospective new business contacts, elevating the GGLO brand and reputation.
· Research and identify prospective new clients, identifying decision makers within their organizations.
· Initiate new client relationships within our market or geographic area to create a robust pipeline of opportunities.
· Participate in internal project go/no go reviews.
· Coordinate meetings between client decision makers and appropriate GGLO Principals.
Client Relations and Retention
· Partner with GGLO Principals and Business Development Director to foster new client relationships that align with the firm’s mission and values, leading to new project work.
· Work with leadership to maintain strong connections with current and past clients, helping to manage relationships for future projects and referrals.
Business Development Planning
· Actively participate in strategic business development planning annually.
· Partner with the Business Development Director to research and attend market sector industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide reports on market and creative trends.
· Present to and consult with the Director of Business Development and senior leaders on real estate development patterns that are specific to Los Angeles and Southern California.
· Help to clarify the firm's unique position in Southern California and tailor conversations, collateral, and strategies to emphasize/enhance these strengths/opportunities.
Management and Research
· Submit regular progress reports on business development activity and lead bi-monthly meetings with the Business Development Director and appropriate Principals.
· Professionally represent GGLO and exhibit a commitment to overall vision, goals and deadlines set by leadership.
· Work with Marketing Coordinators and Marketing Manager on responding to RFI/P/Qs including brand collateral for presentations and meetings.
· Enthusiasm to learn and professionally embody the firm’s values and mission.
· Able to effectively research clients and opportunities in alignment with the firm’s values and goals.
· Proven ability to successfully manage business development in the Southern California region.
· Strategic mindset, with an ability to formulate and propose methods of meeting the firm’s business and revenue goals.
· Influential networking and people skills.
· Organized and detail-oriented; self-motivated and proactive; ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
· Ability to make sound decisions, shift priorities, and effectively problem-solve.
· Must be able to work independently, in small and large groups, and with diverse work styles.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years of sales or business development experience. A/E/C industry preferred.
· In-depth industry sector knowledge and ability to successfully manage business development goals in the Los Angeles and Southern California regions.
· Ability to research, identify and foster relevant business connections that lead to new business.
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
· Must demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Adobe InDesign experience a plus.
· Knowledge of CRM software to track opportunities and relationships is required. Experience with Deltek VantagePoint CRM is preferred.
· Consistent ability to work in person at the Los Angeles GGLO office, and to travel for business as needed.
· Authorization to legally work in the United States.
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. We offer mentorship programs, flexible schedules, an Emerging Professionals group, and a collaborative, supportive environment. We take great pride in working together both in person and remotely to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. We support a hybrid in-person and virtual environment with mobile phone subsidy, laptop, peripherals, and software provided. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning, and innovation.
Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefits package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, free parking, bicycle pathways and rideshare nearby, robust wellness program, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click “Apply” button if visible.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
GGLO designs distinct places where communities of people connect and thrive. We seek to bring the essence of community alive in each of our projects – believing that the fundamental desire to interact and feel a part of something can be evoked through design. This perspective runs deep through our integrated practice, including research, planning, urban design, architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture. Integrating our skills and services allows a deep exploration for how design can have the most positive impact in any context.
Our role as designers is to embrace the myriad of considerations and interactions that make up our projects and to craft solutions that are responsible, meaningful, and enduring. Our regional and national reputation for award-winning design is recognized by industry peers for functional space planning, beauty in building form, and innovative sustainable design.
Building Design + Construction recognized GGLO as #10 in their Top 155 Apartment Architecture Firms and #15 in the Top 175 Multi-family Sector Architecture Firms. Zweig Group's 2022 Best Firm to Work For listed GGLO as #7 in North America for Architecture. Engineering News Recor...d's 2022 Top Design Firms ranked GGLO #5 in Architecture and #80 in Their Top Green Design Firms.
Founded in Seattle in 1986 | Offices in Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, and Boise, ID