Some of what you'll be doing:
As an Aviation Capital Project Manager III, you will work independently to manage complex projects of varying size and scope. Your projects may be independent or as part of a larger capital construction project.
We have (2) two openings, one with the Infrastructure Team and one with the S Concourse Replacement Team. These positions will be supporting capital projects throughout the airport campus. The projects are primarily focused on electrical or mechanical engineering for systems that support building operations. Work can include renewal and replacement, expansion of capacity, and retrofitting an existing space. Common building systems that the teams work on are air handler units and distribution systems, liquids supply and distribution systems, electrical generation and distribution, telecommunication network installation and distribution.
- You will lead, manage, and facilitate capital construction projects from approval to completion.
- You will facilitate project planning meetings to discuss and determine project objectives, develop program plans, define project scope, and recommend budget resources.
- You will assist/support project sponsors with project set up including developing project scope, initial budget estimates, preliminary project schedules and providing input for obtaining project planning funds.
- You will maintain project notebooks and develop, coordinate, and prepare presentations/documents.
- You will develop, negotiate, and manage complex consultant contracts, budgets, schedules for design and construction as well as oversee the consultant selection process while meeting the Port’s Diversity in Contracting goals.
- You will monitor and evaluate projects through regular interaction with project team (contractors, consultants, in-house project staff, stakeholders, etc.) to ensure adherence to project specifications and standards.
- You will oversee the design review process, track project controls.
- You will coordinate complex environmental permitting processes.