Doo Architecture is a Miami and Barcelona based young architecture firm involved in extensive projects throughout Europe, Asia Pacific & North America from objects and interior design to the field of architecture and urbanism. The constant social, economic, and political evolution of our habitats, has led us to think about architecture in the context of continuous change, requiring specialization and collaboration from different fields. For this reason, at Doo Architecture, the programmatic anthropology of contemporary habitats, active and passive environmental strategies, arts and new social trends, are the leading interests and make up the intellectual design process of our design DNA. We seek young, talented professionals to join our creative, entrepreneurial team. We’re an architectural company where ambition, work ethics and dedication to being innovators are our daily drive.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead multiple of our diverse projects of various sizes at different stages of the project life cycle - from concept design, construction documents, permitting, and construction administration.
• Active review and calibration of project budgets and schedules to set client expectations that meet time and cost objectives.
• Use of project management software to create regular project reporting including schedules, budgets, staffing, and procurement orders.
• Serve as the main production team member of select projects to create digital models and drawings in BIM and other 3D software. Develop presentations and construction documents for use in all stages of the project life cycle.
• Implement quality control protocols for internal drawing reviews for the use ipermit submission and responding to permit comment reviews to develop an efficient permit process.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with our selective group of consulting engineers as well as meet new potential engineers to constantly improve our vendors list.
• Regular and ongoing communication with the project consultants, contractors, clients, and other project stakeholders from the commencement of a project until the successful completion.
• Clearly document site visits with pictures and meeting minutes for clear follow-through of open items during the construction administration phase.
• Review and process all project submittals, shop drawings, and request for information (RFI) through an organized, systematic, and trackable process in coordination with the office Principal.
• Assist in defining new company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate staff productivity and find greater efficiencies.
• Actively contribute to office team building programs and learning activities for our vibrant management and design staff.
Skills & Competencies
• 5 - 10+ years of experience in Architecture & Interior Design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited school required.
• Master planning, graphic design or furniture design is a plus.
• Must have ability to translate the creative process to meet project objectives in a timely manner.
• Proficient in Graphisoft Archicad, Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, 3DSMax, Autodesk Maya, V-ray, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office. • BIM experience required.
• Be knowledgeable and experienced with all local permitting and approval processes for architectural and interior design projects.
• Proficiency in English required. Excellent written + verbal communication skills and client management skills.
• Spanish and other languages a plus. • Leadership qualities, self-starter, self-directed, and problem solver.
• All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Based in Miami and Barcelona, Doo Architecture is a collective of leaders in the fields of architecture, urbanism, design, research and branding. Each of us comes with a unique professional experience and an array of diverse projects throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and North and South America. Doo Architecture, founded by Alexis Cogul Lleonart, applies a multi-disciplinary philosophy and bring strategy and an eye for urban planning to everything we design and create – whether a home or an office or a retail store, whether it is a building, or whether it is the interior or exterior landscape.
What moves us? The constant socio-political evolution of our habitats has led us to consider architecture in a continuous changing context, one that requires both specialization and collaboration within different fields. Things like contemporary lifestyles, the new social trends, the arts and the ongoing environmental issues are now leading our interest in the intellectual design process. We believe each project has its own, unique DNA and our mission is to discover it. And central to that is the inhabitant or consumer. Our focus is to understand his or her practices, qualities and emotions,... or the corporate culture of a business we are building for, so that our design flows to accommodate their existing functions, whether they be commercial or domestic.
Our projects exist solely in the presence of its inhabitants.
Doo Architecture has gained cultural advantages from our travels and discovered new insights in each project, applying these valuable lessons when applicable, while treating each design individually, recognizing its DNA. We are well versed in the latest 3d design systems and use cutting edge technology so we can track our vision along the way.
We are always curious about what is next. Discovery is key. By applying our experience, processes, creativity and curiosity to your project, you will discover an enhanced and optimum relationship to the space or spaces you inhabit.