Derivi Castellanos Architects (DCA) is a fast growing mid-sized firm with offices in San Jose and Stockton CA. With a forty-year history and a focus towards the Education Sector, DCA primarily does projects for K-12’s, Community Colleges and Universities. We hire Architects, Project Managers, Designers, Drafters, Engineers, as well as Administrative and Project support staff. We are always on the lookout for top talent and welcome your interest in our firm.
As a firm, we truly believe the most important part of the company is our dedicated team of talented professionals. Our team is what enables us to grow and serve our clients to the highest degree possible. We also believe in helping our team members to grow professionally as much as possible. We focus on the importance of individual Professional Development Plans, as well as providing professional mentoring, funding, and time away from the office to pursue activities that help our team members pursue professional growth opportunities.
In addition to offering competitive compensation and benefits packages, DCA also provides a 401K Safe Harbor Plan, Annual Profit Sharing, as well as Performance Bonuses. We believe the success of our company should be shared with the team that makes it all possible.
DCA is also a firm that believes that while we all work hard, it’s also important to enjoy time with our team and their families as well. In addition to holiday parties, outings to see the Oakland A’s, the San Jose Sharks, the Sacramento Kings, and Go Karting, we also hold an annual DCA family Bocce Ball Tournament and family day.
If you are interested in learning more about DCA, or would like to send us your resume, please contact our Chris Brown, Chief Operating Officer, at 209.462.2873 x104, email@example.com, or visit our website at dcaaia.com to learn more.
Senior Architect/ Principal Architect
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Project Architect.
Responsibilities extend to all facets of project delivery with expectations for design collaboration and skillful production in detail. Experienced candidates preferred although early-career candidates are welcome to respond if demonstrating exceptional capabilities. Excellent communication skills will be essential along with self-motivation and confidence in working with project teams including consultants and clients.
We subscribe to a business model that values and encourages an individual’s professional advancement as a measure of collective success. Architectural license or on track towards licensure will be expected as well as continued training and education.
· Independently produce and manage all design, permit and construction documents and specifications.
· Demonstrate project stewardship in coordination of consulting engineers.
· Assist with bidding and negotiation.
· Construction Administration services including regular meetings, responses to RFI’s, review of contractor payment applications, budget management, shop drawing review, detailing, client review, project closeout.
· Coordinate project delivery schedule with consultants, client and or contractors.
· Excel in architectural production in detail using Revit tools.
· Manage project and all documents
· Determine required approvals from authorities having jurisdiction.
· Office and job-site meetings as needed.
Skillsets, Experience, and Capabilities:
· Degree in architecture with at least five work experience and demonstrated excellent capabilities.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
· Experience with DSA submittals, review and permit processing
· Experience and capabilities with projects in the Education Sector, including new buildings, renovations, modernizations, etc. This would include all phases of project delivery
Software and Hardware
· Microsoft Office and Teams platform.
· Experience in Revit, Blue Beam, Dropbox,
· Production in AutoCAD and Revit (mostly Revit).
Compensation and Interest Submission:
· Competitive Salary, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Performance Bonuses available.
· Please submit your resume to Chris Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· For more information about our firm, please visit us at dcaaia.com
· All applicants must currently hold a valid US visa or other equivalent to be legally employed in the US. International sponsorships are currently not available.
Founded by Linda Derivi and Steve Castellanos, Derivi Castellanos Architects (DCA) has been in business for over 40 years servicing clients across California and specializing in education. During its entire history, the firm has enjoyed a reputation for responsiveness to client needs, teamwork, high-quality design solutions, and above all excellent customer service.
In 2014, Juan Barroso (Senior Member) joined DCA at our main office in Stockton, as Managing Partner and is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s operations. Since joining the firm, Juan has implemented a plan of technical and service improvements, which have resulted in growth exceeding 30% per year with exceptional customer satisfaction.