The ideal candidate is a creative architectural designer.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment producing concept site plans, building + unit plans, and building massing. You think critically and have a strong attention to detail.
You excel at managing multiple conceptual designs and clients concurrently. You synthesize various parameters (program, site constraints, zoning) to craft a unique solution.
You will be joining a small group studio of similar designers to:
- Establish, develop, and illustrate design concepts and present to clients
- Confirm project designs are compliant with applicable zoning, building codes, and accessibility requirements
- Create digital 3D models for building massing/elevation development and presentation
- Research and specification of new materials, products, and systems with an understanding of constructability and budget constraints
- Develop and foster trusted relationships with clients
- Handle multiple deadlines, prioritize tasks, and successfully collaborate with in-house staff/project team, clients and consultants
- Review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality
- Comprehensive Schematic Design, including unit plan and building design
Who We are:
W Partnership is a multi-family architectural and planning firm who prides themselves in treating its diverse employees and clients with the same level of respect. We believe that the most important aspect of business is the relationship that is built between the client and the firm. We have recently relocated to an office space that was designed to optimize and encourage creative and motivated individuals to join our design team.
W Partnership offers a competitive package of benefits including Quarterly Bonus Program, 401k Matching, AXP and Licensing assistance and paid Maternity leave in addition to Vacation, PTO, Paid Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
- Strong Architectural Design abilities
- Creative Designer and problem solver with experience in the programming, planning, and conceptual design phases of projects. Knowledge/Experience in Multi-Family architecture is preferred.
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an Accredited University Program
- High proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup modeling
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Building Codes and Construction techniques (FHA knowledge preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple projects
- Ability to effectively communicate design solutions to colleagues, clients, and building officials
- Self-Motivated Worker with Team Player ethics
- Proficiency with the Adobe Suite
- Visual and Numerical Presentation Skills
Internal Number: 01
About W Partnership, Inc.
W Partnership, Inc. is a Houston-based architectural firm with a national reputation, boasting comprehensive knowledge in multi-family product, market factors and construction costs. W Partnership believes that collaboration between architect and other members of the development team breeds successful projects. For over three decades W Partnership has worked with nationally recognized developers, solving complex design issues and site problems with ease.
Initially formed in 1987, the firm has a 30-year legacy of delivering exceptional projects, in 28 states. W Partnership’s diverse expertise includes the planning and design of multi-family housing, mixed-use, student housing and senior living developments. Building types in the firm’s portfolio include low-rise garden style, mid-rise podium, wrap concepts, and high-rise construction. To date, W Partnership has designed over 400,000 residential units throughout the country.