DAHLIN is a growing architecture and planning firm of 150+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website ( www.dahlingroup.com ) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a full-time JOB CAPTAIN in our IRVINE, CA office.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, and overseeing production of project design, and/or construction documents, and/or construction administration from the end of Design Development, through building permit submittal and Construction Administration.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND:
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- 5+ years experience in production of multi-family and mixed-use projects
- Willingness to work on a variety of building types and architectural styles
- Strong skills in the production and management of construction drawings, start to finish
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Proficient skills and talent in Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp
- Experience working in construction phases of projects with owners and general contractors
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- General knowledge of code requirements and implications is a plus
- Commitment to their own professional growth as an architect
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
How to Apply…
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers . Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on business needs. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.