Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 90 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Southern NJ, and BelAir, Maryland.
Project Manager for Geotechnical/Field Services shall be in direct responsible charge of engineering work, in direct control and supervision of other performing tasks required in professional practice of engineering. Candidate shall be a licensed engineer with at least 4 years of professional practice specific to engineering design of soils evaluations, foundations, geosynthetics and marine structures with experience from design through to construction.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing geotechnical and marine engineering projects from proposal though construction, including managing field and laboratory evaluations, performing engineering analysis, and consulting client during project implementation, including construction administration, quality control and quality assurance;
- Documentation, reduction, analysis, and reporting of field and laboratory data;
- Proposal preparation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Managing construction materials testing, construction review, and interpretation of construction specifications;
- Managing field investigation and soil laboratory testing;
- Managing permitting for coastal/marine construction
- Managing field review and analysis for shallow and deep foundations;
- Managing and working closely with construction review technicians and engineers;
- Perform field assignments including evaluation of soils and construction material, QA/QC and property assessments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
Qualified candidates should apply online and provide a current resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.