nbj ARCHITECTURE is excited to expand our team with an immediate opening for a licensed architect with 10-15 years’ experience in the field of architecture to serve as a project manager.
For over 16 years, nbj ARCHITECTURE has served as a highly regarded, client-focused, architectural and interior design firm in Glen Allen, Virginia, near Richmond. With experience in a wide range of projects including hospitality, higher education, cultural and religious facilities, office buildings, lab planning, renovations, and projects as small as 150 SF lab renovation to as large as multi building complexes, we provide opportunity for a wide variety of experiences for the right candidate. While we recognize pressures of tight deadlines and demanding clients, we value work-life balance and strive for a pleasant work environment with low turnover and long-term employment.
- Project management including: leading project teams, delegating tasks, drawing review and coordination, consultant and client interaction and management, etc.
- Specification writing / editing
- Construction administration including: running progress meetings, shop drawing review, change order review, job site and pay application visits, punch lists, etc.
- Bring creative, new, and fresh ideas to team discussions and design development.
- Maintain project files and documentation.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain budget and schedule.
- Perform fieldwork and technical research.
- Must be a licensed Architect or NCARB Certified to obtain Virginia Lic.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of Architecture
- Extensive knowledge of commercial building construction techniques and building codes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Revit. Proficiency in Speclink, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop a plus.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate clearly
- Strong technical skills, following company standards.
- Professional presence, dress, and demeanor.
- Ability to work accurately, on multiple projects in order to meet timely deadlines.
This is a full time position offering competitive salary. Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, AFLAC, paid vacation, paid personal leave, 7 ½ paid holidays, and 401k retirement plan with generous company match.