MG2 is looking for a talented Technical Project Architect / Specifications Writer located in our Seattle office. This position will be part of our Practice studio.
MG2 partners with businesses around the world to create meaningful transformation through architectural services, planning, interior design, brand strategy, and consulting services. MG2 is consistently ranked among the largest architecture firms in the nation and among the top retail design firms in the world. MG2 serves clients around the globe from four offices: Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; Washington, DC and Shanghai.
In this combined role, approximately 50% of the job will be serving as a Technical Project Architect and 50% as a Specifications Writer.
- Manages technical development of projects with project managers and principals
- Develops technical solutions, including constructability and detailing
- Manages the Quality Control of project documents (internal team review)
- Participates in development of team / studio technical standards, details, and specifications
- Pursues innovation in technical solutions
- Communicates and shares documents as necessary with staff, clients, consultants, and contractors
- Owns responsibility for overall project specifications, including supporting design intent during project execution
- Develops technical specifications of construction materials for projects
- Handles Quality Control of project documents (internal team review)
- Develops, improves and maintains master specifications for retail clients
- Supports local and regional offices in material research, selection and specification as well as material conflict issues throughout project phases
- Owns responsibility for code and constructability issues on project as it relates to project specifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
- CSI’s Certification such as CDT (Construction Documents Technology) or CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding, selection, and integration of building systems
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit software
- Demonstrated experience in coordination of construction materials with vendors and material suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of architectural project specifications for multiple medium- to large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of building codes, building systems, and construction material standards
- Proficient with MS Office and Arcom Masterworks
Follow us on Twitter @MG2_Design
At MG2 we work hard, but we also know the importance of having some fun while doing what we do best. We have a number of social activities, sports teams and opportunities for community involvement. We meet every other Friday over breakfast to celebrate new employees, project milestones and employee anniversaries (many of our colleagues have been here a long time)!
It’s also important our employees lead a balanced and healthy life. To support this, MG2 offers flexible hours, a telecommuting policy, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) (including company match) and paid time off.
We consider our offices innovation labs where employees can be creative and take design risks. This includes full access to our state-of-the-art 3D printer and laser cutter. Whether it’s working on actual projects or participating in one of our many design competitions, we challenge or staff to come up with the next great idea!
Additionally, to help support and encourage employee development, the firm provides a generous training allowance including reimbursement for first architectural licensure and renewals, NCIDQ and LEED certification fees. MG2 also covers the cost to open an AXP record along with in-house ARE study groups and plenty of opportunities to learn from both external and internal experts.
Apply now at http://mg2.applytojob.com/apply/ZeegSc/Technical-Project-Architect-Specifications-Writer?source=AIA+National