It is our goal to provide real careers for our employees, and foster both professional and personal growth. We offer a substantial benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, life and other insurances, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and
a very competitive compensation.
Job Description Summary:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas: Lead production person. Project Architect will perform duties as lead production, assigning personnel to project, setting schedules, setting budgets, coordinating with consultants and owner representatives. Excellent communication skills with clients, consultants, and staff, including motivating and hands-on directing of staff, are vital. Project Architect will be responsible for overseeing staff to ensure accurate, thoroughly detailed plans are developed that meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
- Produce construction documents with a minimal supervision.
- Work closely with designers and principals to meet the intent of building designs.
- Coordinate and manage consultants.
- Monitor and manage both schedules and budgets.
- Be flexible enough to move easily between projects as needed to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to sketch details and communicate ideas to other production personnel.
- Coordinate and monitor project estimates.
- Coordinate specifications.
- Provide / coordinate QA/QC review of all construction documents.
- Be willing to submit suggestions on ways to improve systems and procedures that will create better architectural services.
- Have ability to discuss issues and communicate work challenges with architects and managers.
- Obtain required approvals from city or state agencies.
- Coordinate and implement project bid packages.
- Notify management when consultants or staff are not performing to expectations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Architecture is preferred.
- Architecture license, or working toward certification is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Revit, with a high level understanding of drafting conventions and techniques for working drawings.
- Understand various construction systems, types and the materials incorporated.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong organization skills.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must express professionalism and strong persuasion skills while working with consultants, staff, clients and executive personnel.
- Experience processing projects through state and or local jurisdictions are a plus.
Pay is commensurate with experience. Please send your resume and a separate PDF of your work samples with subject line “Project Architect Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org