SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Washington, DC office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a Healthcare Studio Leader to join our team. We are seeking a talented individual who is looking for a leadership opportunity to build a practice. He/she is committed to design excellence, business development, thrives in an environment of collaboration and demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial independence.
Working with us, you will:
- Be responsible for growing Practice Market Share and Net Revenue.
- Provide leadership and management necessary for the development and growth of the studio consistent with SmithGroupJJR’s strategic themes of: growing the firm, building expertise and designing holistically.
- Maintain relationships with past clients and develop relationships with current/new clients.
- Work with the Office Director and the Director of Operations to ensure that marketing & sales budgets, revenue and project performance targets are achieved and that studio issues are resolved.
- Work closely with Business Development, Marketing and Discipline leaders to effectively market and grow our services.
- Provide leadership on a limited number of key projects as the Principal-in-Charge and be accountable for the financial performance of your own projects individually and the Studio collectively.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives in concert with the corporate practice and the office objectives.
- Participate in recruiting, performance management and career development of staff.
- Be actively involved in professional, civic, or community activities that support the goals and objectives of SmithGroupJJR.
- Exhibit and demonstrate a commitment to SmithGroupJJR core values – Collaboration, Creativity, Community, Integrity and the Environment.
- Exhibit a high degree of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 15 years related experience in planning and design for Healthcare in the AE Industry.
- Healthcare project experience that includes a range of building/program types, complexity and scale.
- An architectural registration and preferably LEED AP
- Proven leadership and demonstrated track record of winning work and growing market share in planning, renovation, or new construction projects for health systems, independent hospitals and/or academic medical centers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, and proven technical competence.
- The ability to travel as necessary to achieve Corporate Practice, Office and Studio goals.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and eight paid holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional fifteen days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Get started today by clicking the link below!