SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Architectural Designer to join as a team member in our Los Angeles office. Our practices offer local, national and international projects of all sizes including opportunities with our other offices. We are seeking a talented individual with a combination of technical competence, design sensitivity, technical competence, good organization skills and the desire to contribute significantly to a team effort.
- Leading programming, conceptualization, development and integration of strategic design solutions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other designers, medical planners, project architects and engineers.
- Consulting with manufacturers and researching and evaluating materials.
- Creating FF&E palettes, documenting, and presenting them.
- Prepare and lead design presentations with our clients and internal team.
- Prepare and attend project interviews.
- Documenting architectural drawings.
- Assisting in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches and addendums (CCD’s), and visiting the construction site to gather information and/or preparing a punch list.
- Researching information and creating graphics for marketing proposals and materials.
- Being the point person with clients.