Responsible for managing the creative design experience and overall design satisfaction for Aspen Group Clients.
- Create big permanent gains through internal and/or external activity that reshape the image of Aspen Group design capabilities and overall competitiveness of the business.
- Partner with Aspen leadership to drive strategic change at Aspen and CKN, setting the standard in the industry for how facilities can draw people, enhance people, and change lives.
- Proactive participation and contribution to strategic learning from internal and external networking, e.g. participation with CKN. Significant contributions to design from this learning, first on personal applications on projects and also through internal transfer of this learning/designs to other architects and Project Developers, through leadership and systems that insure permanent gains.
- Create an important strategic element, such as maintaining enthusiasm and momentum during the design phase, so that it can be reproduced ongoing on future projects.
- Achieve defined operating objectives. Seek out new information about practices and methods in order to handle new responsibilities or projects.
- Manage the effectiveness and productivity of personnel and resources to achieve Aspen and customer goals.
- Develop a LEED program for church customers that ensures that best practices and materials for sustainability are being considered on each project.
- Supervise, Coordinate and schedule a design team that researches, plans, and designs projects for Aspen customers by applying knowledge of ministry, design, construction procedures, zoning, building codes, and building materials.
- Pre-plan design work for each phase of project that ensures process compliance, realistic timelines, completeness and team effectiveness.
- Assist Project Developers during the sales process as an ambassador to the Aspen Design Team. Demonstrate professionalism, creativity, sincerity and the ability to develop a creative and effective building program for the customer.
- Consult with customers to determine functional, aesthetic and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and create CAD drawings and renderings as appropriate for each phase of the project.
- Prepare accurate and complete deliverables for each phase of the project (Feasibility, Schematic Design, Design Development, and construction drawings) for the Project Management team, which fulfill the customer’s requirements, and provide high levels of constructability.
- Coordinate the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design process, and interact with Project Team and key suppliers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Track and coordinate design progress, schedule and costs, monitor compliance with process checklists.
- Supervise the work of architectural designers and interns; coordinate the work of non-Aspen design consultants.
- Oversee design personnel who provide direct Construction Administration responsibilities, such as addendum's, shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s, and Change Orders during construction, to maintain the customer experience.