Fairfax County, a diverse, dynamic, and growing jurisdiction in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Project Coordinator/Development Manager to lead a team of professionals and technicians engaged in planning and development, design, and construction of large scale, and complex capital and development projects within the county.
This position is responsible for strategic planning, project management, financial oversight; and full development lifecycle of large scale, high profile, and highly complex building and real estate development projects, including joint development partnerships, Requests for Proposals (RFP), development agreements for Public-Private Partnership projects, real estate transactions, site identification and acquisition, due diligence, entitlement process; shared infrastructure; and design, construction and handover to operations while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in quality.
The position is responsible for negotiating key aspects of project development agreements with county legal team, county stakeholders, private developers and other outside organizations. Evaluates financial aspects of competing project development proposals including real estate valuation, financing and lease terms, life-cycle cost comparisons, construction and soft costs, and risk management terms. Leads and participates in the consultant and/or contractor selection process and negotiates and manages Architect/Engineer contacts; assures conformance with procurement policies and project management processes. Establishes and proactively manages schedules and budgets for design and construction projects. Provides high-level quality control for design and construction documents.
- Negotiates key aspects of project development agreements with county legal team, county stakeholders, and private developers;
- Prepares detailed total project and development cost estimates; evaluates financial aspects of competing project development proposals;
- Appraises and profiles the associated risks for development.
- Assists with the development of the capital improvement program and capital budget.
- Makes recommendations concerning county budget appropriations for projects;
- Prepares and evaluates detailed project development schedules;
- Manage the site Due Diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and quantified.
- Leads and manages a large team of professional consultants under contracts and maintains professional control of projects to ensure effective project delivery to completion;
- Leads a diverse team of project stakeholders in the successful management of assigned projects using team based approach.
- Directs, coordinates and manages project/program logistics with multiple agencies, community stakeholders, and project based matrix organizational teams and resources from a variety of internal and external sources including technical, legal, financial and other specialty fields.
- Ensures work performed under consultant contracts meet county standards and agreed upon programming, design, specifications, permit and regulatory requirements, budget, and schedule;
- Provides design & technical review, guidance and input on key projects throughout the conceptual, preliminary and final design and construction phases to ensure compliance with the project and development scope and goals as well as all local, state and federal code requirements; may sign and seal design work, technical studies, etc. as required and prepared under direct supervision.
- Establishes and manages value engineering process; Manage the approval and permitting phase of the development process and ensure approvals are in line with county and project requirements.
- Evaluates projects for energy conservation, environmental considerations, and operational and maintenance requirements. Provides leadership in continuous process improvement initiatives and outcomes consistent with process goals and expectations.
- Prepares and makes presentations to boards, commissions, committees, senior management, and the general public;
- May serve on leadership and management working groups including business area teams;
- Serves on technical committees and provides expert testimony at public hearings.
- Significant experience in dealing with public and private development partners in creating high quality development proposals, conducting comparative analysis of competing development options, and negotiating complex project development agreements. Project management experience on highly complex building and land development projects. Detailed knowledge of local, federal, and state building and site development codes. Information technology skills including use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Demonstrated expertise in managing complex and multiple building projects concurrently and developing innovative and efficient project management practices for the expedited completion of capital projects. Proven experience in collaboration and teambuilding with various groups. Experience with financial and budgetary planning at the project and program level. Strategic leadership for process improvement and organizational development, safety training and awareness, quality assurance, sustainable development. Management oversight for building development program managing contract resources to meet performance goals in the areas of budget, schedule, project quality, and customer satisfaction. The successful applicant must be highly motivated and self-sufficient; possess the skills necessary to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment; and be oriented toward providing outstanding customer service to end users and project stakeholders.
To Apply: Send your resume to Katayoon Shaya at Katayoon.Shaya@fairfaxcounty.gov or fax to 703-324-4365 ATTN: Katayoon Shaya