Have you ever been told that you have a "big ego," "you're never satisfied" or "you're too much of a big picture thinker"? Well, let us be blunt (which we know you'll appreciate), WE LIKE THAT! If being a leader comes naturally to you, and your goal-oriented mentality and ability to influence and excite others with your passion and vision actually produces results, then there's no way that our high-growth, constantly evolving environment will ever leave you feeling unchallenged. Just bring your self-starting capability, sincere optimism and relentless drive, and we'll give you the resources to successfully lead our teams, clients and projects. Then we'll get out of your way!
CR is currently searching for an experienced Director to provide clear leadership, vision, and strategic direction to our Higher Education architecture team and clients. With a focus on delivering successful higher education projects like student housing and residence life, this Director is an enthusiastic change agent and dynamic "go-to" thought leader in the firm and in the field.
What You Will Do
- Work with Executive and Marketing teams to develop an annual business plan to advance the firm's higher education program
- Successfully manage the vision of your strategic clients
Business Development & Client Relations:
- Engage with and leverage the business development team on new business development efforts
- Assist in the development of proposals, review submittals, RFQ's, RFP's, interview process etc.
- Build, strengthen and nurture relationships with new and existing clients with the goal of creating long-term partnerships and repeat business
Operational Management & Leadership:
- Ensure financial and operational success of your assigned architecture team by meeting Revenue, Profitability, Quality, and Utilization goals
- Provide cradle-to-grave leadership for projects and clients, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within budget, and exceeds client expectations
- Lead design discussions and provide proactive workload management and allocation of resources
- Involvement in the staffing process and performance management of your assigned team
- Provide Quality Control of projects
- Serve as a thought leader in the industry through involvement in speaking engagements, professional organizations, white paper creation, etc.
- Act as a firm ambassador and enthusiastically motivate and mentor for professional development