We are currently seeking a Job Captain to work in our Minneapolis, MN office. The Job Captain will participate as a member of the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Studio Manager, Project Manager, and Project Designer, as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Participate in the punch list process
- Associates’ degree in Architectural Drafting or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working on corporate/commercial interiors projects
- Proficiency in Revit required. AutoCAD skills also highly desired
- Familiarity with Photoshop, rendering software.
NELSON is a global architecture, design, and consulting services firm with offices located across the country. With a client list featuring 40% of Fortune 100 and 500 companies, NELSON is one of the Zweig Group’s “2015 Hot Firms” and in the top ten of Interior Design Magazine’s Design Giants. For more information on NELSON, please visit our website at www.nelsononline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.