Position Open: January 24, 2017
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender idenity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Washington, D.C. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
We seek to hire an Architectural Student to work in our Virginia Beach, VA office beginning summer 2017. This position will perform various tasks within the architectural department that may entail special project assignments and/or active involvement in project design and documentation.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of architectural design as directed by a senior or lead Architect including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for building design
- Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Develop analysis and design skills
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, Senior Engineers, Architects or Engineers
- Working with a team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
- May require domestic and foreign travel