Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to work on a team, as well as, independently. This role works very closely with architects, designers, consultants and other spec writers to complete projects.
- Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules.
- Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types. Knowledge in sports, convention centers, aviation, healthcare, higher education or other large assembly type building specifications is preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in NewForma platform preferred.
- Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated specifications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- Construction Specifications Institute certification preferred (CDT).
- LEED Green Associate preferred (LEED GA).
- Minimum 5 years in architectural practice with prior experience in specifications development.
The Specifications Writer reports to and works alongside the Director of Specifications to coordinates activities with other architectural development staff.
Office environment, some travel maybe required and overtime required.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.