MG2 is looking for a talented Project Architect - Retail located in our Seattle office.
MG2 partners with businesses around the world to create meaningful transformation through architectural services, planning, interior design, brand strategy, and consulting services. MG2 is consistently ranked among the largest architecture firms in the nation and among the top retail design firms in the world. MG2 serves clients around the globe from four offices: Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; Washington, DC and Shanghai.
- Handle technical and production aspects of projects
- Guide design team through the construction documentation process
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control/construction administration phase of the projects
- Maintain firm-wide documentation procedures and standards
- Support project management in staffing, fee estimating, and scheduling
- Assists Project Manager with proposals / budget development
- Assists Project Manager with project status updates
- Assists Project Manager with client coordination developing into the PA assuming the point of contact role with the client
- Provides technical guidance to project staff
- Assists in performance review feedback for project staff
- Maintains as backup to the Project Manager, direct contact with clients
- Possesses full knowledge of best practice standards and expectations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture
- Architectural licensure is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience
- Passion for Retail architecture
- Strong technical skills
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills
Follow us on Twitter @MG2_design
At MG2 we work hard, but we also know the importance of having some fun while doing what we do best. We have a number of social activities, sports teams and opportunities for community involvement. We meet every other Friday over breakfast to celebrate new employees, project milestones and employee anniversaries (many of our colleagues have been here a long time)!
It’s also important our employees lead a balanced and healthy life. To support this, MG2 offers flexible hours, a telecommuting policy, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) (including company match) and paid time off.
We consider our offices innovation labs where employees can be creative and take design risks. This includes full access to our state-of-the-art 3D printer and laser cutter. Whether it’s working on actual projects or participating in one of our many design competitions, we challenge or staff to come up with the next great idea!
Additionally, to help support and encourage employee development, the firm provides a generous training allowance including reimbursement for first architectural licensure and renewals, NCIDQ and LEED certification fees. MG2 also covers the cost to open an IDP record along with in-house ARE study groups and plenty of opportunities to learn from both external and internal experts.
We recognize career growth and development is just as important for our non-design staff so we also provide reimbursement for certification in your area of expertise.
Apply now at http://mg2.applytojob.com/apply/TJUYdC/Project-Architect-Retail?source=AIA+National