Location: Albuquerque, NM
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini is looking for an experienced, collaborative Specifications Writer to develop detailed architectural project specifications and assist project teams in coordinating contract documents for a variety of project types.
- Review drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinate compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines, firm standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations and codes
- Plan, schedule, organize, and prepare construction specifications for the various phases/milestone deliverables of projects working from the firmwide master specification core
- Prepare and review the procurement and contracting requirements, including the Division 1 General Requirement sections
- Maintain and update firm’s Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions
- Coordinate and review consultant technical specifications for conformance with firm standards and remainder of Project Manual. Ensure consultants receive and follow most current specification formatting conventions
- Perform product research; assist project designers with material and product selections
- Conduct internal specifications training and share lessons learned on an ongoing basis
- Prepare, assist with, or coordinate with specifications for internal non-architectural disciplines such as structural engineering and landscape architecture
- Assist team members in project manual preparation where not specifically assigned to write specifications
- Work directly with each Project Architect and foster a culture of external and internal client service
- Maintain awareness of evolving building technology, codes, and systems by staying abreast of product developments, code changes, and current industry trends
- Perform other duties as assigned and agreed upon with supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or relevant field. At least 5 years in architectural practice with minimum 3 years of experience in specifications development.
- Construction Specifications Institute Certification such as CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) or equivalent preferred.
Required and Preferred Skills
- Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project Manual.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of SpecLink, knowledge of SpecIntact, familiarity with Revit, and/or knowledge of sustainability and LEED guidelines
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini offers a fast-paced, stimulating work environment with flexible hours and a competitive benefits and salary package based on education and experience.
Application Materials: Cover Letter, Resume
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org