Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Project Manager will manage, coordinate and administer multiple major capital projects of various size and scope, including new construction and renovation of existing facilities, and will have primary responsibility for ensuring adherence to program requirements and established schedules and budgets. Project types include (but are not limited to) athletic facilities, residential and historic renovations, science and research laboratory renovations, classrooms & academic support space, administrative offices, landscape upgrades, infrastructure improvements and equipment replacements. The Project Manager is responsible for coordination of all project activities and effective communication and reporting to key stakeholders and senior management. .
• Oversee all aspects of construction projects, including establishment & tracking of baseline budgets and schedules, evaluation and selection of design consultants and contractors, assisting in administration of contracts, ensuring contract compliance, coordinating all project team activities and organizing and managing all project documentation.
• Assist the Director and Assistant Vice President in preparation and administration of RFQs and RFPs as needed.
• Provide consistent, timely and reliable communication between all team members, including stakeholders, consultants, University personnel and contractors to ensure that project goals and objectives are understood and achieved.
• Coordinate with the Texas State University System Office of Contract Administration and ensure compliance with System policies & procedures. Coordinate with local, state and federal regulatory authorities and ensure compliance with all applicable codes, rules and regulations. Ensure compliance with all State reporting requirements.
• Coordinate the activities of 3rd party consultants and ensure seamless integration with the design team’s work product and construction activities.
• Review construction documents to ensure compliance with established design objectives, accuracy and completion.
• Participate in emergency preparedness and response, and disaster restoration as needed. Position may require support of campus events after hours and weekends.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
May work in all weather conditions. May work in extreme temperatures. May work around biohazards. May work around chemicals. May work around electrical and mechanical hazards. May work in elevated and/or confined spaces. Exposure to noise & dust. Use of manual dexterity to include climbing of stairs and ladders. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. Requires lifting and moving up to 35 lbs.