Kraemer Design Group, PLC (KDG) is currently searching for a talented Project Architect to join our innovative firm. KDG is an established and dynamically growing architecture and interior design firm looking to add a creative and resourceful individual to its team. The job opening is a full time, permanent position at our office located in downtown Detroit.
Candidates must minimally have a Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited school or university, and at least five years of experience in an architecture office. Commercial architecture experience is required and large-scale residential, adaptive re-use, and/or hospitality experience is a plus. NCARB certification is a requirement. Candidates must have working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD. Experience with SketchUp, SpecLink and Adobe Creative Suite software a plus.
- Construction Documents – Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is required.
- Accurate in writing architectural specifications.
- Professional understanding of project documentation. Ability to write a complete scope of work document to issue with specification manual or bid packages as required. Communicate with client in order to outline responsibilities of all parties.
- Broad knowledge of vendors and resources to expedite the research phase of appropriate materials. Understanding of quality and budget issues of manufacturers. Capable of developing custom products or alterations to best fit project objectives.
- Approve shop drawings when submitted.
- Priorities - Ability to work efficiently in conjunction with established timetables. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, altering priorities when required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
- Flexibility - Ability to handle change and last minute alterations of design or scope due to issues including: client requests, budget/schedule challenged or added benefits to overall package aesthetically or economically.
- Professional affiliations preferred: RIBA, NCARB, IIDA, AAHID, AIA, CID, NCIDQ, etc.
- Can develop and actively manage schedule, budget and scope of services on project, and work plan.
- Proficient in delegating project assignments and can articulate how they contribute to overall project success.
- Proficient with codes, agency and standards research.
- Skilled at communication/ presentation skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Task management expert.
- Able to leads meetings with integrated team members and outside team members.
- Utilizes firm procedures and drawing standards.
- Full understanding of client types and needs of clients.
- Serves as a resource for staff to solve technical problems.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Has highly proficient knowledge and understanding of firm, federal, agency and other required standards and requirements, and can teach others.
- Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives on design assignments.
- Proficient understanding of conceptual design and parti concepts.
- Be able to articulate and present design concepts.
- Excellent relationships with clients, contractors, agencies and consultants.
- Available for travel as needed to different locations and varying periods of time as needed on a project basis for site surveys, project management, installation, photo shoots, etc.
- Travel to a variety of industry trade shows as scheduled by manager.
KDG’s culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance including medical, dental and vision (60% paid by employer), company contribution to Simple IRA plan, paid vacation and much more. KDG Is accepting resumes through January 31, 2016. Please forward your resume and cover letter via fax (313-965-3555) or confidential email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls, please). Submittals must include salary requirement, availability and professional references.
To learn more about Kraemer Design Group, please visit us at www.thekraemeredge.com. KDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.