Key Experience and Knowledge The ideal candidate will be a registered or certified professional in the design industry and have a clear understanding and extensive knowledge of pertinent issues impacting today’s workplace. This candidate must possess the ability and skills to build/sustain client relationships, and win new relationships. Positive energy, drive, fun, and total commitment to design excellence are vital attributes. Also important is the ability to foster great design, cultivate talent, motivate people, and act as a mentor/role model. LEED accreditation (or working towards accreditation) is highly valued.
The leader must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in base building and/or interior architecture and design. Previous experience with industry leading clients and evidence of leadership in at least five significant projects over the past five years is critical. A track record of collaborating with or being part of a nationally recognized workplace design firm or working as a workplace strategist for an industry leader is desired. Visibility in industry/business publications, lectures, speaking engagements and awards is likewise desired. Consideration will be given to Registered Architects, Interior Designers, or Workplace Strategists who have demonstrated abilities in the following 5 key areas:
- Client Satisfaction: Develop new business opportunities through existing and new professional networks, an ability to identify, pursue, and win projects, to earn client loyalty based on talent, trust, and integrity.
- Leadership & Team Building: Ability to build and mentor a team dedicated to Workplace by securing the caliber of projects that make our work meaningful, challenging and fun. The ability to grow the Little National Workplace Partnership by working with peers in other offices, and internal consulting specialties leaders. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical to the success of this role.
- Design Integration: Demonstrated design understanding and leadership as evidenced by the implementation of well-detailed and innovative design solutions. Ability to create fully-realized, thoughtful projects through the treatment of design elements, finish materials, branded graphics, lighting, building systems, and furniture/fixtures/equipment.
- Workplace Strategy: Influence the future of the workplace environment by creating a culture that inspires thought leadership, progressive thinking, innovative design solutions and high-quality execution.
- Financial Responsibility: Maintain a financially strong studio enabling us to reward our people and continue to invest in our competitive edge. Little, an international architecture and design firm, is recognized for developing exceptional design solutions that generate business results in the workplace, community and retail industries. With over 200 professionals, Little delivers results beyond architecture by combining expertise in traditional architectural services (architecture, engineering, interior architecture) with proficiency in additional diversified architectural consulting services (land development services, facilities planning and space management consulting, graphic design, building technology applications, and computer animation and internet application services).