One of the leading Champaign Architecture and Engineering Firms, Bailey Edward, is looking for a responsive Architect or Architectural Designer to become a part of a collaborative, high-energy studio where professional growth and client satisfaction are emphasized. The successful Candidate will have a passion for creating innovative solutions with a desire to grow and maintain Client relationships.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Candidate must be able to apply sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields. He or she must be able to oversee projects from start to finish, supervise project team members, and be the point of contact for clients and consultants, while exhibiting responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work projects.
The Candidate will also serve as Project Manager, Project Architect or Designer and assist in Business Development for new renovation, interior design and construction projects in the government, K-12 education, higher education, institutional or commercial interiors sectors for multiple clients and multiple scale projects.
- Mentors firm values of responsiveness, creativity and professionalism to junior staff.
- Leads architectural projects by planning, directing, coordinating and supervising all management, architectural and consultant aspects of reports, design, or construction projects.
- Model firm values of responsiveness, creativity and professionalism
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring development and implementation of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Apply Bailey Edward Policies and Procedures
- Act independently regarding architectural methods and complexities
- Consult with Supervisor regarding unusual complexities and developments
- Plan, direct and supervise architectural aspects of report, design or construction projects
- Supervise, coordinate and review work of consultants and engineers
- Execute complex or novel assignments requiring development and implementation of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of finished plans, specifications or approval of materials and construction
- Attend Owner / Architect / Contractor meetings throughout the duration of the project, including during construction
- Willing to travel domestically
- Apply the applicable industry codes and standards to architectural work performed
- Promote work share within the other Bailey Edward offices