SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager in our San Francisco office. We promote designs that are contextual, innovative, and respond to our clients’ needs with insight and innovation. Candidates must be proactive, motivated, and experienced in working directly with clients.
The position will include client interface, working in collaborative teams, mentoring junior staff, coordinating the work of consultants, and working together with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies. This position will also have responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance of projects, including staffing and development or work plans.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide project management expertise with overall responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance.
- Provide leadership in order to carry out the goals and objectives of the project and communicate with design team members and various consultants in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor project budgets and schedules.
- Assist with staffing requirements of projects.
- Manage team of 2 to 6 junior and intermediate designers and project architect on a rotating basis.
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services.
- Develop and maintain work plans.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the staff.
- Assist with business development efforts. Participate in marketing proposals and interviews.
- Maintain a high profile in relevant professional organizations to promote the firm.